Welcome to Roanoke Valley SHRM
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.
We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We also encourage your involvement and suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting or event!
Please register for lunch meetings and conferences by clicking on the Register button for each event below. If you have been unable to pay at the time of registration, please click on the button at the bottom of this page.
Register for the 2017 Virginia State SHRM Conference
Register HERE for the 2017 Virginia State SHRM Conference, March 12-15 in Williamsburg
RVSHRM Renewal Notice
Its time to renew your RVSHRM Membership for 2016. We are on a calendar year payment bases.
Returning Members - Login, go to the MEMBERSHIP Tab and click on the Renew RVSHRM Button. PLEASE NOTE: RVSHRM is a “100% Chapter.” National SHRM Membership is a pre-requisite for membership in RVSHRM. Your national membership is a separate billing from SHRM
Roanoke Valley Chapter
Society for Human Resource Management
Member Referral Program
New in 2016! Refer colleagues and earn gift cards!
To participate, share information with colleagues about the benefits of RVSHRM membership and encourage them to join. Click here for information to provide colleagues on why they should join RVSHRM. Click here to access the benefits of membership. Ask your colleague to include your name on their membership application. For each colleague who joins RVSHRM and mentions your name, you will receive a $25 gift card.
- Active Professional members are eligible to participate in recruiting new members for this program.
- Board members are not eligible but are encouraged to recruit.
- New Professional Memberships are included in the program.
- New Student Memberships are not included, but members are encouraged to recruit students.
- There is no limit to the number of members you can refer.
- To receive credit for a referral, the new member must include the referring member’s name on the Member Referral Form.
- The referring member must be in good standing at the time of the referral and at the time of award.
- Awards will be presented during the calendar year in which they are earned.
- RVSHRM may change this program at any time.
LOOKING FOR A STUDY GROUP?
If you are planning to sit for the for SHRM CP/SCP or (S)PHR Certification Exam and are interested in starting or joining a study group, please contact: